Garden Days is the national, fun-filled celebration of the vital role that gardens and gardening play in our communities and our lives.
Canada’s Annual Celebration of Gardens and Gardening
Register your activity today!
Garden Days is our national celebration of the vital role that gardens and gardening play in our communities and our lives. Between June 16 and 24, inclusive, Canada will be a-buzz with Garden Days activities.
During Garden Days which includes Father’s Day weekend (June 16 & 17), are you:
- holding special garden- or gardening-related events in celebration of Father’s Day?
- a garden with all sorts of programming scheduled between June 16 and 24?
- a BIA that’s decking out main street with colourful planters and hanging baskets, and wants to host a community celebration?
- a winery that’s pairing your terrific wines with food from your own gardens?
- a library hosting a talk and book signing by an author of a gardening book?
- a school that has a gardening program nurturing the next generation of gardeners?
- a garden centre holding seminars or sales for loyal customers?
- a horticulture society or garden club that has a tour or event taking place during Garden Days?
- hosting a private backyard party in celebration of Garden Days?
Each and every one of those activities, and more, can be registered on the Garden Days website. It’ll only take five minutes of your time, and best of all, it won’t cost you a thing!
- If you’re holding more than one event or activity – e.g. a series of how-to seminars at a garden centre, or a series of events throughout the day at your garden or festival – register each activity separately. It’ll give you more prominence on the site and give site visitors an at-a-glance view of what’s on offer, especially if they’re looking for things to do on a certain date.
- Need activity inspiration? Visit the Garden Days archives to see what others have done in previous years.
- Please only submit activities and events that are taking place during Garden Days, the dates of which are June 16 to 24, inclusive.
Your City’s Official Garden Day
Wouldn’t it be great if your city or town declared its own official Garden Day? It could be June 16, National Garden Day, or any other day between June 16 and 24. We’ve made the process super easy. All you need to do is check out this page on the Garden Days website. When you have your Mayor-signed Garden Days proclamation, register it as your city’s official garden activity.
Tag us so we can share your activities!
Our vibrant Garden Days social media program is already profiling 2018 activities. Use our Twitter and Instagram hashtags when you post, so we can like and share.
- Facebook: Facebook.com/CanadianGardenCouncil
- Twitter: @gardenscanada #GardenDaysCanada
- Instagram: @CanadianGardenCouncil #GardenDaysCanada
The public relations and digital media programs that support Garden Days will soon go into high gear.
Take advantage of all the eyes that will be on the Garden Days website by registering your activities now. It will maximize exposure to and attendance at your event.
Garden Days is organized by the Canadian Garden Council and sponsored by the Alumni Association of the Niagara Parks Commission School of Horticulture Foundation , Bullfrog Power and Scotts Miracle-Gro.