Discover an Exciting Career in Landscape and Horticulture!
Many exciting career opportunities await you in the Landscaping and Horticulture profession! Landscaping is more than just gardening and outdoor maintenance ‒ there are many different roles within the sector, some include working outdoors or indoors, and some within a team or more independently. Depending on what you enjoy and what drives you to succeed, the resources available here at Green Careers Canada, can help you on your career journey to discover an in-demand job with many growing possibilities!
Join a growing sector that is becoming increasingly important to the success of our future and our green spaces.
There are plenty of career opportunities in the field of horticulture & landscape. We are working closely with provincial governments, colleges and universities, to provide education at the high school and post-secondary school levels that give you the skills you need for a successful career in this profession. Some of the career highlights of a Landscape Horticulture Professional are:
- Being active and working outside with nature
- Improving the environment
- Great earning potential with training and skills
- Plenty of career opportunities
- Ability to be creative
- Potential for entrepreneurship
- Being a part of an adaptable and ever-evolving profession
Why should you consider a career in the horticulture and landscape profession?
- Jobs. If you are interested in a skilled profession, employers in the nursery and landscape industry want you now! Many opportunities exist throughout the country, with positions available in every province.
- Make A Difference. Working in the horticulture and landscape profession can give you tangible results and immediate satisfaction. The perfect opportunity to see the results from something that you’ve created.
- Show Me The Money. A skilled landscape industry professional can make a good living and the salary gets even better with experience!
- Enter Through Different Pathways. You can enter the field with:
- A high school diploma
- Red Seal designation via apprenticeship
- Landscape Industry Certification
- College diploma
- University degree
- On-the-job training